The Study House is a place where people of all ages can pursue educational goals and explore new horizons.
Language classes are offered by native or native-like speakers with extensive teaching experience in small group lessons (maximum 8 students).
An introductory French language course will begin on Tuesday March 3, from 7:30 – 9:00 p.m.
Vive le français!
This program is for beginners of French who have an interest in further developing their skills. The focus is on international French (no particular regional accent).
- Learn basic grammatical and vocabulary for general purposes
- Enjoy stress-free pronunciation and communication activities
- Develop oral comprehension skills
Available in semi-private or small group lessons
On y va!
On y va!
This is a crash-course for adults with little or no background in French who are planning to travel to a French-speaking country in the near future.
- Learn phrases and pronunciation required for common travel situations (like ordering from a menu)
- Explore issues of language register and politeness
- Discuss sites of interest in the French-speaking world
- Taste the foods and beverages of various French-speaking countries
This 10-hour program is only available in small group classes (5 -8 adult students).
Et on continue!
Et on continue!
This class is for adults who have a low to intermediate level of French, and who may feel rusty after not using their language skills since official schooling.
- Practice speaking French in predictable situations
- Review and grow relevant grammar and vocabulary
- Understand general information, directions and instructions given orally
- Develop cultural knowledge through reading
This class is designed for ambitious learners of French who ready to make the leap from intermediate to advanced level, with a view to future work or study in French.
- Make oral presentations in front of a group
- Understand and respond to podcasts, radio and television programs
- Develop strategies for effective reading
- Explore advanced grammar in support of writing
Available in semi-private or small group lessons.
This is a crash-course for adults with little or no background in Spanish who are planning to travel to a Spanish-speaking country in the near future.
- Learn phrases and practice dialogues required for common travel situations (like ordering from a menu)
- Learn basic grammar and vocabulary
- Read travel-related texts in Spanish
- Discuss sites of interest in the Spanish-speaking world
- Taste the foods and beverages of various Spanish-speaking countries
This 10-hour program is only available in small group classes (5-8 adult students).